GENERAL FUNCTION: The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for providing high-quality, reliable, flexible, and appropriate infrastructure networking technology solutions for Client. The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of networking design and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Principal Network Engineer will also be responsible for:
• Provide leadership in IT for the implementation of highly appropriate, tightly integrated, consistently available, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant systems.
• Develop, and install solutions to complex technical, procedural, and logistical problems.
• Design, implement, and test information technology security mechanisms and systems in the context of the networking infrastructure.
• Provide technical guidance to team members and technical project management
• Identifying, testing, developing and implementation of new technologies.
• Enhancing the integration of disparate, heterogeneous systems.
• Assist in creating and developing formal guidelines and policies to ensure appropriate systems support and designs.
• Acting as a consultant to other departments regarding network design and support (meetings, design assistance and support on projects).
• Completing projects and tasks independently and with limited direct supervision.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in IT with a certification, such as CCNP or CCIE.
• At least 4 years of experience working with individuals and teams involved in technical support, including system and database administrators, programmers, network technicians (layers 1-2), network architects (layers 2-7), and information technology consultants is required.
• At least 2 years of experience managing complex, infrastructure projects is required.
• At least 6 years of technical experience with designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting Ethernet-based network architectures is required.
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Cisco networking hardware (switches, routers, hubs, bridges, gateways, and optical interface modules) is required.
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Cisco's IOS software is required.
• At least 3 years of hands on experience with F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM), Application Security Manager (ASM), Enterprise Manager (EM).
• At least 2 years of hands on experience with InfoBlox DNS & DHCP Core Services (Grid, Trinzic DDI) as well as IP Address Management (Trinzic IPAM).
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
• Strong customer service oriented and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
• Will be expected to appropriately handle stressful situations, critical deadlines, and a customer base with both high service level expectations and technical sophistication.
• May be required to work nights and weekends during (un)planned outages and other special circumstances.
• Will be expected to be reachable at all times (except during scheduled vacation). Will be required to carry a cell phone and will need to respond to severe incident escalation on-call.
$1 to $1 per Year (Salary Depends on Experience)
Years Experience Required:
4 Year degree
Advantage Technical Resourcing delivers highly skilled engineers and IT specialists for our clients’ most critical technical projects. We provide on-demand contract workers, focused project teams, or permanent hires. With engineering and information technology divisions offering staffing and specialized solutions dedicated to the automotive, marine, manufacturing, energy, healthcare, high technology, financial services, telecommunications, and consumer services industries, we can efficiently staff even the most complex initiative. Each year, we place more than 20,000 technical professionals, serving clients in thirty countries around the globe.
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.